Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
You can cook a fresh pumpkin for this recipe if you like, but canned works just ﬁne. You can also substitute puréed sweet potato or squash for the pumpkin. A Note from Nava: Wouldn’t this ice cream be an amazing companion to most any of the desserts here? Contributed by Cathe Olson from Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love (reprinted by permission of the author).
Makes 1 generous quart
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup puréed cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup soymilk or other nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Then freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Visit Cathe’s blog Cathe’s Kitchen.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Explore more of Vegkitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
One comment on “Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream”
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes