Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
You can cook a fresh pumpkin for this recipe if you like, but canned works just ﬁne. You can also substitute puréed sweet potato or squash for the pumpkin. A Note from Nava: Wouldn’t this ice cream be an amazing companion to most any of the desserts here? Contributed by Cathe Olson from Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love* (reprinted by permission of the author).
Makes 1 generous quart
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup puréed cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup soymilk or other nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Then freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Visit Cathe’s blog Cathe’s Kitchen.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Explore more of Vegkitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!