Simple Tofu and Potato Kebabs
Here’s an easy dish for the vegan barbecue, made with favorite staples and flavors.
- 4 medium red-skinned potatoes
- 2 pounds extra-firm tofu
- Quick Sweet and Savory Grilling Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 medium sweet red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
Cook or microwave 4 medium red-skinned potatoes until done but still quite firm. Allow to cool, then cut into 1-inch chunks.
Cut tofu into 3/4- to l-inch-thick slices and press as directed in sidebar on page 00. After pressing, cut into 3/4- to 1-inch dice. Marinate in Sweet and Savory Grilling Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade for 30 minutes.
Alternate tofu and potato chunks with red pepper pieces on skewers.
Prepare grill. Brush the skewered ingredients with additional sauce or marinade used. Grill, turning carefully, until touched with charred spots, about 10 minutes total. Serve at once.
- Find more recipes for grilling in VegKitchen’s The Vegan Barbecue.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.