Spinach Apple Smoothie
This refreshing green spinach apple smoothie is among my favorites — and you’ll love it too if you prefer smoothies that are juicy than thick. Cucumber helps with that, too. This makes two 12-ounce or three 8-ounce servings. If you like this, you may enjoy learning about the top 10 benefits of green smoothies, as well as these other delicious and simple smoothie recipes:
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into large chunks
- 3- to 4-inch piece cucumber (preferably peeled), cut into chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla nondairy milk or water, or half of each
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or chia seeds, optional
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or other liquid sweetener, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, to taste
- A few ice cubes, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process until completely smooth. Divide between 2 or 3 glasses and serve at once.
- Explore more recipes for Green Smoothies on VegKitchen.