This fruity green smoothie, combining spinach with banana and stone fruits or apple, is from The New Green Smoothie Diet: Going Green Never Tasted so Good,* by Hilary Greenleaf, reprinted with permission.
Makes 2 generous servings
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 small banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- 1 small peach or nectarine, or 1/2 apple, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups water (or 1 cup water and 1 cup crushed ice,
if you want a thicker mixture)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender (high-speed or regular) and blend until smooth.
Hilary Greenleaf is a health enthusiast who blogs at hilarygreenleaf.com.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!