My Hero (or Super Wraps)
Here’s a sandwich feast that never disappoints. And any meal made mainly at the table can’t be bad, either. You’ll need:
- A loaf or two of long Italian bread (preferably whole grain) or individual hero rolls, fresh wrap breads, or soft lavash bread
- Vegan deli slices, crisp-cooked vegan “bacon, or hummus
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Very thinly sliced bell pepper rings
- Shredded lettuce
- Mustard and / or vegan mayonnaise
Suggested accompaniments (choose two or three): Pre-shredded coleslaw, simply dressed in a natural vinaigrette or vegan mayonnaise; pickles or pepperoncini; corn-on-the-cob; microwaved sweet potatoes
Strategy: Simply place the hero or wrap ingredients on the table and let everyone assemble their own heroes or wraps. Serve the accompaniments alongside.
- Explore other ideas for nearly-instant meals.
- Here are lots more recipes for vegan sandwiches and wraps.