This cool sauce of tahini and nondairy yogurt is good in pita sandwiches, over tempeh, and as a dip for raw vegetables.
Makes: about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup plain almond or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or scallion
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
Transfer any unused portion to a tightly lidded container, where it will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.