Scrambled Tofu Burritos
- One 16-ounce tub soft or firm (but not extra-firm) tofu
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance or other vegan buttery spread
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite variety—try black bean and corn,
cilantro-garlic, chipotle, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- Six 8- to 10- inch soft flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (approximately) vegan cheddar or nacho cheese
Drain the tofu and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Blot well between layers of paper towel.
Heat the Earth Balance in a medium skillet. Add the tofu and mash with a potato masher or large fork.
Stir in the salsa and curry powder, then cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until well heated through. Turn the heat up and cook a little longer if there is excess liquid in the skillet that needs to evaporate.
Divide the scrambled tofu mixture among the tortillas, placing it the center of each in a kind of oblong mound, leaving room at each end. Sprinkle some cheese over the tofu (about 3 to 4 tablespoons for each tortilla).
Microwave each for 30 to 40 seconds, or arrange all of them open-faced on a baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 350-degree F. oven until the cheese is melted. Fold two ends over the tofu mixture, then roll up the rest. Repeat with each burrito, then serve at once.Print This Post