Creamy Tofu Scramble with Kale and Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
This recipe contributed by Ricki Heller, from Diet, Dessert and Dogs proves that you don’t need a ton of ingredients to create a flavorful recipe. This delicious and very pretty tofu scramble features pumpkin or butternut squash and kale, making it perfect seasonal fare for a super-quick dinner (providing that your pumpkin or squash is pre-baked; see VegKitchen’s tips here, brunch, or even a hearty breakfast.
Serves: 4 or more
- 12 to 16 ounces firm or extra firm tofu, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, preferably organic
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable broth or stock, as needed
- 5 leaves kale, midrib removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 recipe Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Sprinkle of sesame seasoning (I used Eden Shake, or use gomashio)
Crumble the tofu into bite-sized pieces, or cut into small cubes. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium-high heat and add the tofu. Brown on all sides until lightly golden.
Add the broth and kale and cook for another minute or two, until the kale begins to wilt a bit. Add the pumpkin and dressing and gently stir to coat everything. Lower heat to simmer, cover, and allow to heat through, stirring once or twice, about 10 minutes. Serve, garnished with sesame seasoning.
- Here are lots more easy tofu recipes.
- Explore more easy, festive vegan brunch recipes and menus
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and
more Tofu, Tempeh and Vegan Sausage Main Dishes.