Kid-Friendly Baked Tofu Nuggets
These breaded nuggets become firm and chewy as they bake. Kids enjoy dipping them into their favorite sauce.
Serves: 4 (4 to 6 kid-sized servings)
- 16-ounce tub firm or extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Marinara or barbecue sauce (warmed), or ketchup
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the tofu into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Blot well between clean tea-towels or several layers of paper towel, then cut into 3/4-inch dice. Combine the wheat germ, cornmeal, and seasoned salt in a mixing bowl. Add the tofu chunks and stir gently until evenly coated.
Arrange the tofu on a lightly oiled non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice during this time, or until golden and firm. Serve at once with sauce of your choice for dipping or topping.
- Here are more tasty vegan appetizers.
- Here are lots more easy tofu recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Tofu, Tempeh and Vegan Sausage Main Dishes.