Seitan, Mushroom, and Onion Stir-Fry
This simple seitan dish is great choice for hearty appetites, and a warming dish for nippy evenings.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, quartered and sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 ounces baby bella, cremini, or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound seitan, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup natural stir-fry or teriyaki sauce, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan. Add the onions and sauté over medium heat until golden. Add the mushrooms, then cover and cook until they are done to your liking, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in the seitan, peas, and stir-fry sauce. Turn the heat up to medium-high and stir-fry until the seitan chunks are touched by golden-brown spots.
Season with pepper and serve. Pass around additional stir-fry sauce for individual servings.
- Mushroom lovers, rejoice! Here are more mushroom recipes for you.
- Here are more recipes for onions, garlic, and leeks.
- Here are more easy seitan recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Seitan Main Dishes.