Potatoes and Collard Greens with Vegan Sausage
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 medium-large Yukon gold or
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 good-sized bunch collard greens
- 2 links Tofurky or Field Roast vegan sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh rosemary,
or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Salt and fresly ground pepper to taste
Cook, bake, or microwave the potatoes and sweet potatoes until they can be pierced with a fork but still firm. When cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick half circles.
Cut away the thick mid-ribs from the collard greens and cut the leaves in half lengthwise. Rinse well, then, stacking several leaves at a time, cut them into strips.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat until golden.
Add the potatoes, collards, sausage, and wine. Turn the heat up to medium high and cook, stirring frequently, until the collards are bright green and tender-crisp and the potatoes and suasage are touched with golden spots here and there.
Sprinkle in the rosemary, paprika, and red pepper flakes and cook for two to three minutes longer, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Find lots more recipes on VegKitchen for kale, collards, and other hardy greens.
- Here are more easy, tasty potato recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Tofu, Tempeh and Vegan Sausage Main Dishes.
- Here are more vegan sausage recipes.