Tofu and Seitan Sauté with Easy Gravy
Here’s a high-protein skillet of tofu and seitan, enveloped in either of two savory vegan graveies of your choice: Easy Mushroom Gravy or Sage Gravy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 15-to 16-ounce tub firm or extra-firm tofu
- 12 to 16 ounces seitan, cut into bite-sized strips
- 2 scallions, minced
- Easy Mushroom Gravy or Sage Gravy
Heat half of the oil in a wide skillet. Add the onion and sauté over medium-low heat until just beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, cut the tofu into 6 slabs crosswise. Blot well on paper towels or clean tea towels, then cut into strips.
Transfer the onion from the skillet to a plate and set aside. Heat the remaining oil and add the tofu and seitan. Sauté over medium-high heat until much of it is golden.
Return the onion to the skillet, then add the scallion. Sauté for another minute or two, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and cover.
Prepare the gravy according to directions. Pour over the tofu-seitan mixture in the skillet, stir in, then return to the heat. Cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly, then serve at once.
- Here are lots more easy tofu recipes.
- Explore more seitan recipes here on VegKitchen.
- Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Seitan Main Dishes and Tofu Main Dishes.