Tofu Chocolate Pudding
Three ingredients (plus two optional ones) add up to a delightful dairy-free chocolate pudding. Silken tofu is a great base for pudding — it has just the right consistency, and it spares you from bothering with a flour-thickened sauce, which tends to scorch and lump.
Makes: 2 large or 4 smaller servings
- 12.3-ounce package firm or extra-firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- Fruit for garnish (sliced bananas or strawberries are nice), optional
Cook over medium low heat, whisking often, until the chocolate chips have melted. Stir in the maple syrup and optional vanilla.
Allow to cool completely, then serve at room temperature, garnished by slices of fruit, if you’d like.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.