In this super-easy, nearly-instant tortilla recipe, chewy baked tofu stands in for chicken. This recipe is great for adults but it is also fun for kids by letting them make their own fajitas.
Serves: 4 (makes 8 fajitas, 2 per serving)
- 8 fajita-size (6- to 7-inch) flour tortillas
- 10- to 12-ounce package baked tofu, cut into strips
- Prepared salsa, your favorite brand
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cup grated cheddar-style nondairy cheese, optional
Wrap the entire batch of tortillas in foil and warm in a preheated 400-degree oven or toaster oven.
Place the tofu strips on a plate and microwave briefly until well warmed, about 3 minutes.
Spread a little salsa and vegan sour cream down the center of each tortilla, then arrange a few tofu strips over them. Sprinkle with some lettuce, and if desired, a little cheese. Roll up snugly and eat out of hand.Print This Post