Tropical Tofu Salad with Chutney Mayonnaise
Fruity flavors mingle with broccoli, greens, and sprouts, in this luscious tofu salad. It’s delicious with mango, but since it’s not always available, pineapple is a good alternative.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 large broccoli crown, cut into small florets
- 8-ounce package baked tofu, diced or cut into strips
- 2 medium mangos, peeled and diced, 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks,
or one 16 – to 20-ounce can diced pineapple, well drained
- 2 large celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mango chutney, or other fruit chutney
- Mixed baby greens, as needed
- Green sprouts (sweet pea shoots, broccoli sprouts, or other), as needed
Steam the broccoli florets in a large saucepan until bright green and just tender-crisp. Transfer to a colander and rinse with cool water until the broccoli stops steaming.
Combine the broccoli with the tofu, mango, celery, and optional walnuts. Stir together.
Combine the mayonnaise and chutney in a small bowl and stir until smoothly blended. Pour into the salad and toss gently.
To serve, line a platter with some baby greens, then mound the salad in the center, and top with some sprouts. Serve at once.