Mushroom and Bell Pepper Scrambled Tofu
Soft tofu is a good choice for dishes in which it is crumbled, as in this veggie-filled, egg-free scramble. While this would certainly also make a good brunch or lunch dish, it also makes a wonderful light dinner with whole grain toast or sautéed potatoes, and some sliced oranges and tomatoes.
Serves: 3 to 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sliced white or crimini mushrooms
- 16-ounce tub soft tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning blend (such as Spike or Mrs. Dash)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until they are done to your liking, or about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn up the heat to cook away any liquid that has formed, if need be.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until everything is well heated through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve at once.
Here are more:Print This Post