Tortilla Fiesta: A Nearly Instant Meal
A few key ingredients, like flour tortillas, refried beans, and nondairy cheese create a simple and satisfying Southwestern meal. End the meal with fresh fruit. Photo by Hannah Kaminsky. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Whole-grain flour tortillas, burrito- or soft taco-size, or good-quality corn tortillas, or taco shells
- One or two 15- to 16-ounce cans vegetarian refried beans
- Grated cheddar-style nondairy cheese
- Salsa of your choice
- Vegan sour cream (optional)
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Corn kernels
- Sliced avocados
To serve, simply warm up the refried beans in a small saucepan (add a little water if they seem too thick). Place on the table with the rest of the ingredients above in individual bowls, and let everyone make their own soft or crispy tacos.
- Explore other ideas for nearly-instant meals.