Tortilla Fiesta: A Nearly Instant Meal
A few key ingredients, like flour tortillas, refried beans, and nondairy cheese create a simple and satisfying Southwestern meal. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Warmed flour tortillas, burrito- or soft taco-size,
or taco shells, warmed according to package direction
- One or two 16-ounce cans vegetarian refried beans
(one can will make 6 to 8 burritos)
- Grated cheddar-style nondairy cheese
- Salsa of your choice
- Vegan sour cream (optional)
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Suggested accompaniments: Baked potatoes or sweet potatoes; black olives.
Strategy: Microwave the potatoes or sweet potatoes, or bake them ahead of time. Warm the refried beans in a saucepan with a little water to loosen. Place everything on the table, letting everyone make their own burritos or tacos with any or all of the ingredients listed above.
- Explore other ideas for nearly-instant meals.