Vanilla Fruit Cup Soup
This soup is basically a colorful fruit salad easily transformed into an appealing dessert soup. Use the lushest fruits of late summer for best results.
- 2 cups berries, as desired (blueberries,
raspberries, or chopped strawberries, or a combination)
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cups pitted watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups green seedless grapes, left whole if small or halved if large
- 2 peaches or nectarines, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cups vanilla nondairy (coconut or soy) yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cups white grape juice, or as needed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup, optional
Combine all the ingredients except the last two in a serving container. Add enough white grape juice to achieve a slightly thick consistency. Taste, and if you desire extra sweetness, add honey to your liking.
Cover and chill for an hour or two before serving.
- Here are more recipes for cold summer soups.
Print This Post