Blueberry and Berry Jam Muffin
This super anti-oxidant blueberry muffin, made of dense nutrition and fiber, is wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or tea. Contributed by Annie Taylor Chen, Vegan Ann.
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup organic soy milk or other nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup organic raspberry and blueberry jam
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place the dried blueberries in a bowl and cover with hot water to soak.
Into a big bowl, sift the flour, baking power and baking soda, add the wheat bran, wheat germ, flax seeds and sugar, and mix well.
Dig a well in the center, add the yogurt, oil and soy milk, and use a whisk to mix well, don’t beat, then add soaked blueberries.
Scoop 1 tablespoon batter and add it to the muffin cup, add a bit more to fill half of the cup, then scoop 1 teaspoon of jam and drop it in the middle of the batter, fill the rest of cup full.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Find lots more muffin recipes in Muffin Mania.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.