Mocha Mousse L’Orange
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 (12-ounce) packages of extra firm silken tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur such as Grand Marniér
- 2 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 1 small block of bakers chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
In a small saucepan, heat the Kahlúa and orange liqueur and add the coffee granules. Stir until the coffee is dissolved and remove from heat.
In a food processor or blender combine the tofu, cocoa, chocolate, orange peel and maple syrup or agave nectar and vanilla extract. Process for two to three minutes to thoroughly mix. Add in the coffee and liqueur mixture. Process for 10 to 12 minutes, until the mixture gets firm and creamy smooth.
Empty into glass bowl and refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Spoon into wine or dessert glasses and garnish with mint leaves. You may choose to layer in non-dairy whipped topping. Without the topping the dessert is reasonably low-cal – about 150-160 calories per serving.
- Explore more of VegKItchen’s No-Bake and Raw Sweets.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
Recipe contributed by Rich Heiser of Not-Just-Recipes.com.Print This Post