Orange Sherbet with Chocolate Chips
Orange is love and fidelity, and we all know that chocolate is love…that makes this dessert the perfect choice in celebrating a Goddess Midsummer festival! Recipe contributed by Karina Allrich, from Cooking by the Seasons.
Serves: 4 to 5
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon natural orange extract
- 1 cup (unsweetened) coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
In a blender, combine the orange juice, sugar, orange zest, and extract. Cover and whip until the sugar is dissolved. Add the coconut milk and xanthan gum.
Whip until it is smooth and frothy, about 3-5 minutes. Pour into an ice cream maker and stir in the mini chocolate chips. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Pass out the spoons and kisses.
- Explore more of Vegkitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
Visit Karina Allrich at Gluten-Free Goddess.Print This Post