Raw Strawberry Ice Cream
Contributed by Matthew from Vegan Heartland: I know recipes like this one have been floating around the Vegan blogosphere for a while now, but the first time I heard of “healthy ice cream” was when Dr. Oz dedicated half of his show to the movie Forks Over Knives I thought it was a really great idea and a nice alternative to ice creams that are loaded with refined sugars. I was actually afraid to even call this a recipe since it really takes little effort to make and you really could use any fruit you’d like. I just happened to have frozen strawberries on hand. I can’t wait to try this with other flavors! If you’re looking for a sweet and healthy dessert, this is definitely it!
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen overnight or several hours
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of your favorite fruits (I used 1/4 cup strawberries)
- Shredded coconut for topping, optional
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined and creamy! Must be eaten right away or the bananas become mushy and more “banana texture” like.
Enjoy and happy eating!
- Explore more of Vegkitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.