Asian Noodle Soup with Baby Bok Choy and Mushrooms
- 32-ounce package vegetable broth
- 8-ounce package udon or soba noodles
- 4 to 6 ounces baby bella, cremini, or white mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 to 3 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh or jarred ginger, to taste
- 2 to 3 baby bok choy, with leaves, sliced
- 3 to 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the broth with 2 cups water in a soup pot and bring to a rapid simmer.
Break the udon noodles into thirds. Add the noodles, mushrooms, and ginger to the simmering broth. Cook until the noodles are al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the bok choy, scallions, and optional cilantro, and cook for just 2 to 3 minutes longer. Season with soy sauce and pepper, then serve at once.
- Here are more easy Asian-style noodle soup recipes.
- Mushroom lovers, rejoice! Here are more mushroom recipes for you.
- Here are more recipes for Leafy Spring Greens.