Asparagus, Squash, and Red Bell Pepper Sauté
An appealing vegetable trio is enlivened by a wine-scented sauté. This colorful side dish is perfect for embellishing everyday meals as well as holiday dinners. Adapted from The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet by Nava Atlas.
Serve: 6 or more
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into short strips
- 2 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash,
halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces slender asparagus,
bottoms trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil and wine in a wide skillet. Add the bell peppers, squash, asparagus, and optional scallions.
Sauté over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until all the vegetables are tender-crisp to your liking, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Here are more recipes using bell peppers.
- Click here for more asparagus recipes.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.