Corn Relish Salad
Here’s a pretty salad that’s especially good made with fresh corn.
- 4 cups cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels (from about 5 medium ears)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into narrow, 1-inch strips
- 1 large celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup halved pimiento olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss well.
If time allows, cover and let stand for an hour or two before. Stir occasionally to distribute the dressing. Otherwise, serve at once.
Explore more of VegKitchen’s: