Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad
This pleasing combination of two of summer’s premier bumper crops—corn and tomatoes—makes for a delightful late summer salad.
- 3 cups cooked fresh corn kernels
(from 4 medium ears)
- 3 to 4 medium firm ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- Sliced fresh basil leaves, as desired
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir together until well blended. Pour over the salad and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve at once, or cover and refrigerate for an hour or two before serving. Stir occasionally to distribute the dressing. Taste to adjust the sweet/tangy balance before serving.
- Explore lots more summer tomato recipes.
- Here are more Super Savory Salads.
- Here are lots more recipes for using fresh corn.