Spicy and Garlicky Green Beans with Walnuts
Crunchy string beans taste wonderful in a rich, nutty coating of walnuts and sesame oil.
Serves: 6 or more
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, to taste
- Dried hot red pepper flakes or other hot seasoning, to taste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
Heat the oil plus 2 tablespoons of water in an extra-large skillet or stir-fry pan. Stir in the green beans and stir-fry over medium-high heat until bright green.
Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and walnuts. Continue to stir-fry until the green beans are tender-crisp and touched with dark brown spots.
Remove from the heat and if desired, transfer to a serving container. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Here are more recipes for making the most of green beans.