Sautéed Broccoli Rabe
Serves: 6 or more as a side dish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli rabe or broccoli,
trimmed and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in an large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat for 1 minute, or until golden.
Add the wine, then stir in the broccoli rabe. Turn the heat up to medium, cover, and cook until bright green. Uncover and continue to sauté, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp to your liking.
Stir in the optional raisins, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Find lots more recipes on VegKitchen for kale, collards, and other hardy greens.
3 comments on “Sautéed Broccoli Rabe”
Pingback: Broccoli Raab, garlic scallions and pasta | Sometimes I "Veg"