Raw Broccoli-Mushroom “Stir-Fry”
This raw dish makes the perfect lunch or dinner. It’s easy to make, delicious and great for you! Contributed by Susan Powers from her book Rawmazing: Over 130 Simple Raw Recipes for Radiant Health (Skyhorse Publishing, 2012).
Serves: 2 to 4
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 large parsnip
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup pea pods
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
Place mushrooms and broccoli in marinade. Stir to coat. Set aside.
Peel and cut parsnip into pieces. Place in food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
Cut the carrots into matchstick-sized pieces.
Chop the pea pods into ½-inch pieces and mix into the parsnip “rice” with the carrots.
Stir in the entire broccoli-mushroom marinade mix. Toss. You can dress it with a little sesame oil and black sesame seeds for more flavor.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or raw honey
Whisk olive oil, Nama Shoyu and agave or honey together.
- Find more Raw and Almost-Raw Entrees on VegKitchen
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.
- Mushroom lovers, rejoice! Here are more mushroom recipes for you.