Roasted Potatoes with Bell Peppers and Onions
This is a perfect accompaniment to Barbecue-Flavored Tofu Nuggets, and conveniently, they both bake at 425 degrees. Oven-roasting brings the best flavors out in veggies, so this needs only gentle seasoning. If you’re making the tofu nuggets as suggested, round out the meal with a simple salad or coleslaw.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 to 5 large potatoes, preferably red-skinned or Yukon gold
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers or 1 of each, cut into thick strips
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend (like Spike or Mrs. Dash),
or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
Scrub the potatoes well. Cut them in half lengthwise, then into approximately 1/4-inch thick slices.
Combine the potatoes with the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together. Transfer to a roasting pan (foil-lined if you prefer).
Bake, stirring gently every 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes, and serve.