Roasted Potatoes with Black Olives
Here’s a simple way to bring out great flavor in potatoes. The olives add little bursts of flavor in every bite.
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold or red-skinned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Leaves from 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary,
or as much as you’d like
- 1/2 cup pitted oil-cured black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
Scrub the potatoes well, then cut into quarters.
Use a small amount of the light olive oil to oil the roasting pan; or line the roasting pan with baking parchment for easy cleanup. In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the remaining olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on the roasting pan.
Bake for 15 minutes, then add the olives, sprinkle in the thyme and paprika, and stir. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the outsides of the potatoes are golden and the insides tender.
Transfer the potatoes back to a serving container, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Here are more easy, tasty potato recipes.