Sautéed Carrots and Leeks
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 large or 3 medium leeks, white and palest green parts only,
chopped and very well rinsed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Pinch of nutmeg, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil and wine in a wide skillet. Add the leeks and carrots, cover, and cook over medium-low heat, for about 8 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
Uncover and sauté, stirring frequently, until the leeks and carrots begin to turn golden. Stir in the nutmeg, if desired. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Here are more recipes for making the most of carrots.
- Here are more recipes for onions, garlic, and leeks.