Contemporary Creamed Spinach
In this vegan version of creamed spinach, you get the goodness of tofu, but not the bother of cooking a flour-thickened sauce. It’s a feast for spinach fans!
Serves: 4 to 6
- One 12.3-ounce container firm silken tofu
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped organic spinach,
thawed, liquid squeezed out
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance or other nonhydrogenated margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pinch of ground nutmeg, optional
Puree the tofu in a food processor until completely smooth.
Combine the pureed tofu with the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir together. Heat slowly over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is hot, and serve.Print This Post