Simple Summer Squash Sauté with Dried Tomatoes and Basil
This recipe calls for zucchini and yellow summer squashes, which are available year-round, but any tender squash, such as pattypan, may be substituted or added.
Serves: 4 to 6 as a side dish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced, optional
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squashes, sliced,
or 1 yellow summer squash and 1 pattypan squash
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes, or more, to taste
- 12 or so basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat for a minute or two, just until it starts to turn golden.
Add 2 tablespoons of water to the skillet, followed by the zucchini and yellow squashes. Cover and sweat the squashes until just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir once in the interim.
Stir in the dried tomatoes and basil, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.