Sweet Cinnamon-Roasted Baby Carrots
Here’s an easy way to enjoy roasted with no cutting or peeling involved. Simply use a bag of baby carrots! It’s a veggie dish that stands a good chance of winning over young eaters, and a good side dish to make while another kid-friendly dish (like Tofu Nuggets), is in the oven.
- 16-ounce bag baby carrots
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg, optional
- Pinch of salt
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 400º F.
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together. Arrange on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake, stirring gently every few minutes, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes (depending on their thickness) and serve.
- Here are more recipes for making the most of carrots.