Little Golden Tomatoes Sautéed with Olives and Parsley
This simple recipe is a wonderful addition to your repertoire of summer vegetable dishes. The sweet tomatoes and pungent flavor of olives, both oil-cured black ones and brined green olives, wake up any appetite. It is also good tossed with short pasta and served hot or at room temperature. Recipe adapted from My Italian Garden* by Viana La Place.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 cups Sungold or other small, sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 6 Sicilian or other green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat for a minute or so, then add the parsley and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant and glossy.
Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for just a minute or two longer, until the tomatoes are glossy and the parsley is evenly distributed.
Stir in the olives and season with pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!