Little golden tomatoes sautéed with green and black olives and parsley
This simple recipe is a wonderful addition to your repertoire of summer vegetable dishes. The sweet tomatoes and pungent flavor of olives, both oil-cured black ones and brined green olives, wake up any appetite. It is also good tossed with short pasta and served hot or at room temperature. Recipe from My Italian Garden* by Viana La Place.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 cups Sungold or other small, sweet cherry tomatoes
- 8 oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 6 Sicilian green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Sea salt (optional)
Place the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over low heat. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant and glossy. Add the tomatoes and stir 2 to 3 minutes until the tomatoes are glossy and the parsley is evenly distributed. Stir in the olives and season with a little salt if needed. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until the tomatoes are warm through but intact. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!