Zucchini, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Here’s a tasty salad to make when zucchini and tomatoes are abundant in late summer.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 medium-small zucchinis, about 3/4 pound total, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives, preferably cured (like kalamata)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Curly red or green leaf lettuce or mixed baby greens
Combine all the ingredients except the last two in a mixing bowl. Toss together.
Arrange lettuce or greens on a serving platter. Mound the salad over the lettuce, then serve.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.
- Explore lots more summer tomato recipes.
Print This Post