Potato and Black Bean Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 to 5 medium red-skinned or Yukon Gold potatoes
- One 15- to 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 6- to 8-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, with liquid
- One medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mixed baby greens, optional
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds for garnish, optional
Microwave the potatoes until done but still firm. Plunge into a bowl of cool water until just cool enough to handle.
Combine the beans, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, parsley, and scallions in a serving container.
Peel and dice the potatoes and add them to the bean mixture, then add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve at once, while the potatoes are still warm, if possible, though this is also good at room temperature. Place each serving on a small bed of greens, and sprinkle with some seeds, if desired.Print This Post