Summer Squash and Broccoli Relish Salad
This simply yet tasty salad of yellow summer squash and broccoli goes well with veggie burgers, pasta dishes, and spicy grain or bean dishes. And— dare I say it—this might be just the kind of salad to entice younger eaters.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, quartered lengthwise and diced
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets, lightly steamed if desired
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short, narrow strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or other fresh herb of your choice
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
Combine all the ingredients in a serving bowl and stir well to mix. Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes, then serve.