Zucchini with Mint
This simple zucchini recipe is adapted from a Sicilian classic. It’s a simple salad that’s welcome in late summer or early fall, when zucchini and mint are abundant.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 long, narrow, medium zucchinis, 1 to 1 1/2 pounds total
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, or more, to taste
Cut the zucchinis into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients except the mint, and toss together.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving. Just before serving, stir in the mint.
- Enjoy VegKitchen’s selection of recipes for zucchini and other summer squashes.
- Return to the listing for Jewish New Year recipes.