I used forelle pears for this smoothie, as they are cute and adorable and bite-size. Okay fine, not only because of that, also they are quite sweet and have a bit of a cinnamon spice flavor (making them perfect for kid-friendly snacks or smoothies). This variety is only available from about September until December, so use another kind of nicely ripe yellow pear at other times or if unavailable. I call this smoothie my winter blend; because of the pear variety and also because it’s not a freezing cold drink. If you want to make it colder, go ahead and add a few ice cubes. This makes 1 large or 2 moderate smoothies. Recipe and photos contributed by Sophia Zergiotis of Love and Lentils.
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 forelle pear (or 1/2 medium yellow pear)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 small apple (I used gala)
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or glasses and serve at once.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.