Blackberry Lettuce Smoothie
This refreshing smoothie is from The New Green Smoothie Diet: Going Green Never Tasted so Good, by Hilary Greenleaf, reprinted with permission.
Makes 2 generous servings
- 1 head lettuce, small to medium size
- 1 cup blackberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup other frozen fruit of your choice
- 2 cups water
- 1 small apple or half a banana
Combine all the ingredients in a blender (high-speed blender or regular blender) and blend until smooth.
Hilary Greenleaf is a health enthusiast who blogs at hilarygreenleaf.com.
- Here are more of VegKitchen’s recipes for green smoothies.