Top Five Tips for Vegan-Ease Cuisine
Here are five great tips for starting on the path to Vegan-Ease cuisine, and enjoying easy plant-based meals, without sacrificing great taste or giving up the textures and flavors we all love! Contributed by Laura Theodore, from Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet* (October 8, 2015). Published by Jazzy Vegetarian LLC, © 2015, reprinted by permission.
1. Use mashed bananas, ground flaxseeds mixed with water or whipped organic tofu to replace eggs in many baked goods recipes, like the Lime Muffins at top. This works especially well when making muffins, brownies and many cakes. (If a baked goods recipe calls for just one egg, in most cases you can just leave the egg out and your recipe will still be perfect!) Photo above: Laura Theodore.
2. If you are new to vegan eating, start by serving one non-meat, plant-based meal each week for dinner. Try preparing hearty and satisfying favorites like chili, lasagna, soups, pastas, easy casseroles or meatless burgers. Photo: Ann Oliverio.
3. Now widely available in most supermarkets, purchase rice, soy, almond, cashew, coconut or oat nondairy milk for topping cereal or as a substitute for dairy milk in almost any recipe.
4. Got a sweet tooth? Organic, dairy-free, fair trade dark chocolate such as this delectable Pascha Chocolate is available in most supermarkets and health food stores. Photo: David Kaplan
5. When food shopping, take a moment to explore the rainbow of colors and tastes that fresh produce has to offer. Try adding one new vegetable or fruit to your cart every time you shop. This will make your journey toward a vegan diet more flavorful and fun. Photo: Laura Theodore.
From hearty main dishes, to decadent desserts, the vegan diet offers a wide range of options. And best of all, you’ll be making the world a better place, one tasty recipe at a time.
JAZZY VEGETARIAN Season FIVE
Premieres MAY 4TH, 2016 on the CREATE Network!
TASTE Award-Winning Season! “Best Health and Fitness Program, Food and Diet”
Filled with fabulous, “ved-ucational” guests, and plenty of jazzy-licious, plant-based recipes!
Jazzy Vegetarian SEASON FIVE, starring Laura Theodore, premieres MAY 4th, 2016 on the CREATE Network! The award-winning season is filled with fabulous, “ved-ucational” guests, and plenty of jazzy-licious, plant-based recipes. From Sunday Brunch to a Garden-Fresh Dinner, Laura Theodore cooks healthy, delicious food for family and friends.
Beginning May 4th, Jazzy Vegetarian airs on CREATE every Wednesday (8:30AM EST and 2:30PM EST) and Sunday (8:30 AM EST). Learn more about the show here.