Incorporating silken tofu into this lightened cheesecake, and topping with fresh berries, gives it a healthy spin.
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries (use a combination of any two or more berries,
including sliced strawberries or whole blueberries, blackberries or raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons natural granulated sugar
- 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese
- 12-3-ounce package firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup natural granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9-inch store-bought graham-cracker crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the berries in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the sugar and refrigerate until needed.
Combine the cream cheese, tofu, sugar, and vanilla in a food processor. Process until completely smooth. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.
Let the pie cool completely, then chill for at least an hour. Just before serving, top with the berries.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Easy Vegan Cakes and Pies.
- Sweet tooth still craving? Here are more Vegan Baking and Sweets.
- Explore more recipes for strawberries, blueberries, and other berries.