Chickpea and Kale Sandwich Spread or Salad
Recipe type: Sandwich spread
Cuisine: Vegan / healthy
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 medium kale leaves (any variety), rinsed well
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups cooked or one 15- to 16-ounce can (drained and rinsed) chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional, but highly recommended)
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves or 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves
- 1 to 2 scallions, green parts only, cut into large pieces, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed or bottled lemon juice, to taste
- ½ teaspoon curry powder, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh green sprouts, optional
- Combine the kale and carrot in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the chickpeas are evenly chopped and everything is nicely blended—don’t over-process; leave the mixture a bit chunky.
- Transfer to a serving container and serve at once, or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe by VegKitchen at https://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/chickpea-and-raw-kale-sandwich-spread-or-salad/