Curried Yam Stew
Author: John McDougall
Recipe type: Stew
Cuisine: Vegan / healthy
- 4 cups peeled and diced garnet yams
- 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powde
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- Place the yams, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until the yams are just tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the spinach leaves, and mix well.
- Place the spinach leaves on top of the stew, cover, and steam for 1 minute or so; then stir the leaves into the stew.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Serve at once.
Recipe by VegKitchen at https://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/curried-yam-stew/