Asian-Flavored Quinoa Wraps
Once you have the cooked quinoa on hand, these delectable Asian-flavored wraps come together very quickly. Photos by Rachael Braun. Recipe contributed by Wendy Polisi, reprinted from Cooking Quinoa.
Makes: 4 wraps
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice (such as Sriracha), more or less to taste
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari to taste
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 large (10-inch) wraps, preferably whole grain
- 3 cups or so arugula, baby spinach, or mixed baby greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, grated or finely diced (or 1 cup pregrated carrot)
Combine the cooked quinoa, vegan mayonnaise, rice vinegar, hot sauce, and scallions in a mixing bowl and stir together well. Drizzle in a little soy sauce, just enough to add subtle flavor.
Dollop 1/2 cup of the quinoa mixture onto center of the wrap and top with a good handful of the greens, a quarter of the avocado, and a quarter of the carrots. Roll and cut in half.
Repeat with remaining wraps. Pass around additional soy sauce and/or hot sauce for individual servings.