I was a huge fan of milkshakes growing up (who wasn’t?). My all-time favorite ice cream flavor has always been mint chocolate chip, and today, it’s my son’s favorite as well. I thought of combining these two delicious childhood favorites into one leaner, greener dairy-free drink. The beautiful green color comes from healthy baby spinach. The flavor has the perfect amount of mint, and you can top your milkshake with chocolate chips like I did, or cacao nibs for a bittersweet flavor. This makes 1 large or 2 smaller servings. Recipe and photos contributed by Sophia Zergiotis of Love and Lentils.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 large frozen banana
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, stems removed (about 10-15 sprigs)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with chocolate chips. Enjoy!