Curry and lemon add an offbeat flavor and vivid color to this roasted cauliflower dish. Red onion and garlic add depth of flavor. Use on its own as a tasty side dish, or toss with pasta or grains.
Serves: 6 as a side dish
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive or safflower oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, as desired
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower and onion.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, and curry and whisk together. Drizzle over the cauliflower and stir until evenly coated.
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a parchment-lined roasting pan and place in the oven. After 15 minutes, add the garlic and give the mixture a good stir.
Roast for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are touched with brown spots. Transfer to a covered serving container, season with salt and pepper, and stir in as much cilantro or parsley as you’d like.
- Here are more recipes for cauliflower and broccoli.