Uncategorized

Lemon Ginger Tea: 5 Reasons Why You Should Drink It

lemon ginger tea

Are you searching for a way to give your immune system a boost? How about a drink that can relieve stress? Well, if you’re holding a cup of lemon ginger tea in your hand, then you’re on the right track! Sweet, spicy and one of the best drinks to have during the winter, this tea is power-packed with some incredible health and body care benefits too! And here’s how to make your own Fresh Ginger-Lemon Tea (which is actually an infusion, not really “tea.”)

Let’s see how:

• It Boosts Your Immune System: On top of the list of benefits of lemon ginger tea is its ability to strengthen your immunity. This is due to the presence of high levels of anti-oxidants in ginger. Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C which can heal wounds and preserve the strength of bones and teeth. In the onset of cold and flu, the tea can act as an effective anti-biotic. The bioflavonoids that lemons contain help to prevent cancer cells from growing and spreading. The anti-oxidants in the lemons help in reducing inflammation and arthritis symptoms. The powerful anti-oxidants can reduce free radicals in the body. Ginger also increases blood circulation in the body that is vital for optimum health.

• It Brings Instant Relief From Nausea and Indigestion: Vomiting and nausea usually occur as symptoms of a body disorder. Lemon ginger tea provides the best relief mechanism. Moreover, if you have a motion sickness tendency, you can drink a cup of this tea prior to travel to prevent nausea. It can also help cure the vomiting related to chemotherapy and pregnancy, which is a relief during that period. It eases the pain and uneasiness of an upset stomach. The ginger and lemon in the tea lowers the chances of heartburn and indigestion. It causes the food to be better absorbed by the body and prevents belching and bloating after eating too much. It improves your appetite as well.
  • It Lowers The Effects Of Diabetes: New research has thrown light upon the fact that drinking this tea on a daily basis can reduce kidney damage that occurs due to the effects of diabetes. The high levels of zinc found in ginger play a prime role in the production and secretion of insulin. It is the insulin that controls the blood sugar levels and keeps diabetes in check. Other harmful effects of diabetes like blood pressure, heart problems and so on can be countered by the anti-oxidants present in the drink.
  • It Is Your One-Stop-Drink To Perfect Skin And Great Hair: As mentioned above,the tea is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins which are beneficial for perfect skin, hair and health. The beverage helps in improving your digestion and guides you towards smooth and flawless skin. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties protect your skin from infections. For strong and beautiful hair, the tea provides you a natural aid. Vitamin A and C are recommended in plenty for those with hair issues, as they combat the production of DHT in the scalp that in turn triggers hair growth. A vitamin and anti-oxidant rich drink like lemon ginger tea will help you overcome hair problems in an absolute natural and simple way.
  • It Is The Apt Drink For Weight Loss: High blood sugar levels trigger cravings for carbohydrates and fatty foods. Ginger helps to normalize these sugar levels which otherwise can affect your ability to lose weight or eat healthy food. Ginger also improves fat absorption and prevents it from accumulating in the body. Both ginger and lemon have anti-inflammatory properties that prevent inflammations and enhance the activity of the liver that helps in shedding those extra pounds. The smell of lemons reduces stress causing an increase in metabolism and proper organ function that can help in weight loss.

How do we prepare lemon ginger tea?

lemon ginger teaUsing green tea as a base, finely chop the ginger root and infuse it boiling water for twenty minutes. This helps in transferring the active ingredients into the liquid. Adding two tablespoons of lemon juice and honey or stevia into the mix helps in both sweetening the tea as well as countering the spicy effects of the ginger. It can be served either hot or cold as the revitalizing effects are the same.

Lemon ginger tea can be very refreshing to drink with its medicine like qualities. Moreover, a few recent studies suggest that it can help to stop blood clotting and lower cholesterol levels. This can prevent cardio-vascular diseases and strokes from taking place.

If you feel tensed or worn out, the drink can also be an effective stress reliever. The strong aroma, spicy and refreshing taste and calming effects provide you relief and relaxation of your body and mind.

Try it out today and feel healthy and energetic!

Vineetha Reddy is very passionate about nutrition, fitness, health & wellness. She strongly believes that the ingredients you find in your pantry are the best medicines that you can get. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

References:

mary dianne gurney
    January 20, 2017 at 5:38 am

hi can anybody share?i usually boiled the sliced ginger for about 6 cups and boil it again every morning to drink hot..is it still effective to drink?or it would loose the benefit u can get from ginger?

Bala
    January 20, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Hi, it is still effective. But I suggest to brew freshly everyday, as the oxidation of the ginger infusion would turn its benefits down.

Fergal
    January 26, 2017 at 7:32 am

Hi…I was wondering! What do you mean by “using green tea as a base” ??
    Is that just using a green tea teabag?

Shana
    January 26, 2017 at 9:06 am

Hi Guys!
    I LIVE BY THIS and can attest to the benefits. To be honest I didn’t realize I was “blessed” with great skin and an uneventful digestive tract until I hit my late 30’s and friends with crappy habits have issues with everything (like everyday)!

I’m sick maybe once a year IF that! The only side effect is I pee…and pee…and pee, but I guess that’s good. If I go without my tea (I boil lemon & ginger & steep w/Pu-Erh tea) I feel like crap, I think I’m addicted to the clean feeling and loads of caffeine.

Michael C
    January 26, 2017 at 9:45 am

I make sure to grate my ginger, so it doesn’t need to steep as long and use a fresh lemon combined with raw, organic unfiltered honey. It wakes me up just as much as coffee used to, without the jitters, and feels and tastes so clean and fresh. Sometimes I will add a pinch of cayenne to it for an extra boost.

t rogers
    January 28, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Hi l started drinking lemon and ginger with mint it’s a good drink,l have one cup before each meal. l read about it started on the 12/1/2016, l am 68 years old l have loss 22lbs in 6 weeks feel a lot better also helps with stress will keep it going,l will tell you more in 6 weeks time. tommy

Ruth
    January 29, 2017 at 2:57 am

Love ginger lemon tea with honey I add a small amount of turmeric about 1/4 of a teaspoon for extra health benefits

Luse
    January 29, 2017 at 3:03 pm

I was really unwell, i went to see my doctor i had blood test, and the result my cholesterol was very high, i started drinking ginger first thing in the morning for 6 months then tested my blood cholesterol again and the result was normal, also i lost weight, this is great i believe this the reason why God put all these herbals, plants in the garden for His children.

Sean Wilson
    January 30, 2017 at 8:24 am

I juice one lemon and a big piece of ginger everyday morning first thing. It takes great.

mesty
    January 30, 2017 at 11:02 pm

can we add sugar to this juice.

Sandra mejia
    February 1, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Hi is it ok if i use ginger powder for my tea?

Lydia
    February 2, 2017 at 3:01 am

Its really work?

Ntswaki Moruledi
    February 3, 2017 at 2:21 am

Hi. My sister and I had the ginger lemon tea (Rooibos tea) last night but we noticed that it caused us heartache. Can someone please explain if this was a good thing or a bad thing. Why did we both have sign of heart attack??? Thank you.

Marta
    February 5, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Can i drink it cold

February 7, 2017 at 9:46 am

Marta, you can drink it at any temperature that appeals to you.

Ramya
    February 9, 2017 at 7:00 pm

How many glasses of water can be consumed. Do I need to take it on empty stomach (morning hrs). After how much time can I drink or have breakfast.

Bisi
    February 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Ginger, lemon and honey is fantastic, very refreshing, good for weight control if one avoids all the sugar laden drinks. It also heals sore throat,cough and cold. In my opinion beats lemsip hands down!

Kezzie
    February 16, 2017 at 3:07 am

Does drinking the lemon and ginger twinning tea bags ok is it just as good

Pilar lapuz
    February 19, 2017 at 2:24 am

Yes I drink lemon with warm water in the morning I loose some weight

Margarita
    February 19, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I have a light fever and sinus pressure too much mucus! Will this tea help me aliviate soon?!

Angie
    March 10, 2017 at 11:19 am

I have had a lot of stomach problems and since I been drinking the lemon-ginger tea I have not had any issues about two weeks now. I drink it hot or at room temperature through out the day its great.

spogmai
    March 12, 2017 at 4:46 am

hi.. i boil ginger few slices with one lemon juice some lemon grass for fragrance and green tea.. but when i add lemon to this boiling water containing ginger and lemon grass a sort of lather forms on surface. what does it indicates? is it harmful? should b worried? plus i do this 3 times a day in an electric kettle.

Connie
    March 15, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Nava i just brought this ginger and lemon. I would like to know, can i drink mint tea with fresh ginger and lemon, without honey? I don’t use any kind of sweetener or honey in my tea usually.

Athena
    March 16, 2017 at 4:56 am

Hi everyone,
    Fresh grated ginger, water and pure honey is excellent.I do not recommend using a base tea!.also agree that tumeric powder and mint will increase benefits!
    Athena

E
    March 16, 2017 at 8:48 am

Just made myself a ginger lemon honey tea with cinamon and its delicious! I use my DT essential oils to make it and I think it tastes better.

Liba
    March 16, 2017 at 7:27 pm

Just tried this today, I also added cinnamon for the extra benefits and also flavour. I’m not a fan of the taste overall but I can tell the drinks going to be good for me so I’m going to drink it for a while.

Grace
    April 10, 2017 at 7:46 am

I lost my 6 KG in a month by fresh lemon honey and warm water morning and before bed from now on I will have ginger with it too

Christine Howlett
    April 14, 2017 at 5:59 am

I’ve just started drinking lemon and ginger i like the taste i hope it helps to take some tummy fat away thankyou for information …tinatinaxx1gmail.com

Charmaine
    April 20, 2017 at 10:13 am

I had to google whats in this need when i read the benefits i was shocked cause that’s exactly what it does i get flu now and again but ever since i started drinking it wow trust me it works today my throat was itchy and irritated after i drank the tea im much better now i highly recommend it and THANK YOU TO WHOEVER INVENTED IT 🙂

Martin smith
    April 23, 2017 at 4:49 pm

Hi after i have chilled my ginger and lemon tea is it ok to warm up again

morebie
    April 24, 2017 at 3:31 pm

I grate my ginger so that I get all the benefits. I even grate the lemon with skin.. I enjoy it super hot.. first thing in the morning and last thing before I sleep.. It feels good

Happie
    April 25, 2017 at 11:31 am

Hello
    I had flu week gladly lemon and ginger tea solved the problem….
    I started using it for weight loss and I can see the benefits…
    I prefer ginger tea than any other hot drink…makeep it a behaviour and enjoy

Dianna Lynn
    May 10, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Does the Bigelow Lemon Ginger Tea do the same thing or do I need to use fresh herbs and lemon?

May 10, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Dianna, fresh is definitely better.

jeff
    May 13, 2017 at 6:54 am

Lemon Ginger Tea is really helpful for my body and health. I got benefit from it after insisting on drinking for half of one year.

Tracy
    May 29, 2017 at 10:54 pm

Love my lemon and ginger tea… I had issues with bloating and breaking down some meals but since I incorporated this among many more herbal teas, I rarely have any stomach problems and m skin looks great as well…:. I truly think it’s delicious too….

Chrissie Kadzongola (Mrs)
    June 1, 2017 at 4:04 am

First thing in the morning before I go to Gym, I take half liter of warm water with my BP medicine. After Gym I take another half Litre of warm lemon and Ginger water. I feel good and my BP and scale are always normal.

I thank God for these herbals locally found around us.

Mercy mungeria
    June 14, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Before embarking on lemon, ginger & honey I had a host of problems among them acne, bloating and weight issues, after this miracle drink my skin is clear & flawless and bloating is a thing of the past. I am happy!!!

Vanessa
    June 15, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Does anyone know if ginger powder works the same as fresh ginger? Thank you in advance!

Linda Tyson
    June 18, 2017 at 10:13 am

Is lemon ginger tea safe if I have a kidney transplant?

Pooja mishra
    June 25, 2017 at 2:42 am

Ginger is very good for health. I have daily and feel fresh after drinking it.

Pooja mishra
    June 25, 2017 at 2:44 am

Ginger is very good for health.Drinking Lemon ginger tea brings freshness. I would suggest you to drink daily.

Dudu Manzini
    July 2, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Can Lemon and ginger tea help me with my stomach fat. I’m very worried about my stomach.

Jenipher Wanjahi
    July 15, 2017 at 6:58 am

Have learnt the healthy benefits and as from now l will b drinking and will give the result after drinking for a while..
    Thanks

Monique Bastien
    July 26, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Can i drink this tea after meals?

Regina Dinges
    August 14, 2017 at 10:28 am

I have been drinking lemon ginger tea for almost a month and I get healthier now. My skin looks better and I have more energy for the day. I’m going to keep drinking it!

Harris
    September 9, 2017 at 3:06 pm

What is the best time to drink ginger lemon tea?
    How many times in a day we can drink this tea ?

Vicky
    September 24, 2017 at 7:40 am

Ive been drinking lemon,ginger and honey with or without oregano for the past months. It has agreat effect on my belly fat. My indigestions or constipation is gone. The best result for me is on an empty stomach esp in the mornings. It helps fight my colds as well and even my 11 year old son tried it too for his cough. Great home remedy and no preservatives ..i use fresh ones

San-J
    September 25, 2017 at 10:16 pm

People – Here’s what you need to do, Get *Organic* ginger, not the regular one, grate about half an inch of peeled ginger root into boiling water (2 cups of water) and boil for a few minutes, do not strain the ginger shreds leave them on and drink with lemon and honey first thing in the morning and along with each meal. There is no substitute for this in terms of benefits this concoction provides.

Ramiro
    September 30, 2017 at 8:42 am

Hello, I was wondering how many times a day could you drink the Bigelow Lemon Ginger plus probiotics. I do not want to make my self sick by drinking to much. Please get back to me at earliest convenience thank you.

• 1 2 3 4 5